Wonders of Nature Series
Certificate Course in Herpetology
Take a peek into the world of beautiful snakes, frogs, crocodiles, and, host of other reptiles and amphibians. Herpetology is the study of reptiles and amphibians. Although cold blooded, herps are a fascinating animals, displaying various characters like strength, aggression, love and more intelligence that most people think. With more than 600 species of reptiles and 400 species of amphibians, India is a country with rich herpetofauna.
This course is an introduction to most common and some uncommon reptiles and amphibians found in our region. It will cover following topics:
- Evolution of reptiles and amphibians
- Taxonomy and identification
- Diversity and biology
- Conservation of herpetofauna
- Venomous and non-venomous snakes
- Snake bites and first-aid
The course is comprised of more than 20 talks on above topics by eminent scientists, and, researchers.
- Course begins on 6th July 2018 and ends on 23rd July 2018.
- Talks will be held on Monday, Friday, and Saturday in the evening between 6:30pm-8:30pm. Also on Sundays in the morning.
- The location for all talks is the S. M. Joshi Sabhagruh, next to Patrakar Bhavan, Opp. Niwara, Ganjve Chowk, Navi Peth, Pune.
- Field trips will be on weekends and include one overnight outing on 14-15th July.
|Dr. Hemant Ghate||Dr. Anand Padhye|
|Ashok Captain||Shauri Sulakhe|
|Makarand Ketkar||K. P. Dinesh|
|Nilimkumar Khaire||Anil Khaire|
|Narendra Naidu||Nikhil Modak|
|Ram Bhutkar||Amit Sayyed|
|Vivek Broome||Gaurang Govande|
Rs 3500 Charges includes course material, transportation, tea/snacks/dinner for the overnight field visit.
Registration online. Click here
Makarand Ketkar, Course coordinator: 86989 50909 Shauri Sulakhe: 98222 95057