Wonders of Nature Series
Certificate Course in Advance Ornithology and Avian Conservation
A course conducted by scientists and experts who are authorities in various ornithological subjects:
- Dr. Anil Mahabal, ornithologist and ex-Additional Director, Zoological Survey (Population ecology, roosting behaviour, distribution patterns) of India
- Dr. Milind Watve, ex-Lab head, IISER
- Dr. R. M. Sharma, ex-Dy Director, ZSI, entomologist (Taxonomy and systematics)
- Dr. D. B. Bastawade, ex-Scientist, ZSI, arachnologist
- Dr. Prachi Mehta, ex-WII, ecology and conservation of Forest Owlet
- Dr. Jayant Kulkarni, IFS, ex-WII, wildlife conservation
- Dr. Girish Jathar, Scientist, BNHS
- Dr. Hemant Ghate, ex-Head of Zoology Dept, Modern College, Shivaji nagar
- Dr. Anand Padhye, Researcher and Head of Zoology Dept, Abasaheb Garware College, Pune
- Rajgopal Patil, ex-Director, Cognizant Tech Solutions, bioacoustical studies
An opportunity to deepen your birding knowledge and take your hobby to a higher level by contributing to science.
- A weekend course covering many key concepts and hardcore ornithology topics by eminent researchers and experts
- More than 30 field and classroom sessions
- An amazing opportunity to know real life case studies in ornithology and learn from people behind them
- Weekend field sessions at the gorgeous Garudmaachi outdoor center near Tamhini Sanctuary
Only a limited number of seats are available. Register quickly to avail of early bird discount. Also additional discount for students (current valid educational institute ID necessary).
January 18th, 19th (both evening), 20th (full day) SNDT Campus, Karve Road, near Nal stop, Pune
January 26th & 27th (Full days and overnight) Garudmaachi, Tamhini Ghat, Pune.
February 2nd (evening) & 3rd (morning) Muktangan Science Exploratory, Senapati Bapat Marg, Pune
- Conservation of birds
- Field Identification
- How can a bird watcher contribute to science?
- Field Research Techniques
- Field training sessions
- Habits and Behaviour of birds
- Communication in birds
- Avian evolution
- Classification of Birds
- Survey and, Census techniques
- Ecology of birds
- Using camera traps, sound recording equipment
- Creation of urban habitats for birds
- Bird conservation methods and practices
- Rare and endemic birds
- Publishing your research
Till 14th January 2019: Rs 7000 (students Rs 6500) After 14th January: Rs 7500 (Students Rs 7000)
Charges include course material, transportation/food/accommodation at Garudmaachi.
Student discount is available for full-time students till Masters level of studies in any branch upto the age of 25 years. To avail the student discount a current valid educational institute ID is necessary.
Registration online. Please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment by bank transfer (details upon registration). Cheque or cash accepted at the office of Insearch Outdoors, C-26/9, Ketan Heights, Rahul Nagar Lane, Near Karve Statue, Kothrud, Pune 411038.
25% of the paid fees will be refunded if cancelled by 14th January 2019 No refunds after 14th January 2019
Rajgopal Patil: 98233 76551