Wonders of Nature Series
Certificate Course in Herpetology
Take a peek into the world of beautiful snakes, frogs, crocodiles, and, host of other reptiles and amphibians. Herpetology is the study of reptiles and amphibians. Although cold blooded, herps are a fascinating animals, displaying various characters like strength, aggression, love and more intelligence that most people think. With more than 600 species of reptiles and 400 species of amphibians, India is a country with rich herpetofauna.
This course is an introduction to most common and some uncommon reptiles and amphibians found in our region. It will cover following topics:
- Evolution of reptiles and amphibians
- Taxonomy and identification
- Diversity and biology
- Natural History
- Acoustical communication
- Conservation of herpetofauna
- Venomous and non-venomous snakes
- Snake bites and first-aid
The course is comprised of more than 20 talks on above topics by eminent scientists, and, researchers.
- Course begins on 27th June 2019 and ends on 14th July 2019.
- Talks will be held on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday in the evening between 6:30pm-8:30pm. Also on Sundays in the morning.
- The location for all talks is the Audio Visual Hall of S.N.D.T. College of Home Science, Karve Road, Pune.
- Field trips will be on weekends and include one overnight outing on 6-7th July.
- Medium of instruction is English.
|Dr. Hemant Ghate||Dr. Anand Padhye|
|Ashok Captain||Shauri Sulakhe|
|Narendra Naidu||K. P. Dinesh|
|Nilimkumar Khaire||Anil Khaire|
|Nikhil Modak||Makarand Ketkar|
|Ram Bhutkar||Amit Sayyed|
|Vivek Broome||Gaurang Govande|
We are happy to offer early bird discount for payments made by 20th June 2019 Rs. 4000 (Students Rs 3500) Regular Charges (From 21st June 2019) Rs. 4500 (Students Rs 4000) Transportation and meals charges for the overnight field trip are included in the fees.
Registration online. Click here