Faculty of the course consists of expert life-time ornithologists, researchers, scientists and conservationists.
- Dr. Anil Mahabal, ornithologist and ex-Additional Director, Zoological Survey (Population ecology, roosting behaviour, distribution patterns) of India
- Dr. Hemant Ghate, ex-Head of Zoology Dept, Modern College, Shivaji nagar
- Dr. R. M. Sharma, ex-Dy Director, ZSI, entomologist (Taxonomy and systematics)
- Dr. Prachi Mehta, ex-WII, ecology and conservation of Forest Owlet
- Dr. Jayant Kulkarni, IFS, ex-WII, wildlife conservation
- Dr. Anand Padhye, Researcher and Head of Zoology Dept, Abasaheb Garware College, Pune
- Rajgopal Patil, ex-Director, Cognizant Tech Solutions, bioacoustical studies
- Dr. Girish Jathar, Asst Director, BNHS
- Dr Sushama Thatte, well known biologist and retired Asst Professor, Modern College, Shivaji Nagar
- Dr Gaurav Pardeshi, experienced veterinarian in rescue and treatment of wild birds at Katraj animal orphanage
- Dr D. B. Bastawade, ex-Scientist, ZSI and arachnologist
- 32 interactive sessions
- Field techniques and case studies covered in detail
- Learn real life case studies in ornithology taught by people behind them
- 3 field visits (One overnight)
- All talks and field visits on weekends (Fri, Sat, Sun)
- Field identification of birds
- Taxonomy and systematics of birds
- Satellite telemetry
- Survey, census and statistical methods
- Bird Behaviours
- Evolution of avian flight
- Bird call recording
- Bird communication
- Feeding strategies
- Time budgeting, feeding, diet studies
- Avian archaeology
- Distribution patterns in birds
- Avian diseases
- Avian conservation methods and practices
- Use of technology
- Variety of field techniques
Starts: 10th January 2020 Ends: 2nd February 2020 Talks: Friday & Saturday evenings 6pm to 9pm Field Visit: Sundays and one overnight Saturday & Sunday
- Rs 7100 (Students Rs 6800). Avail by 8th January 2020.
- Rs 7400 (Students Rs 7100)
- Fees include travel, stay and food during the overnight field visit
- Student discount is available only to the full time students of any educational streams of universities and colleges. Also they must have a current valid educational institute ID.
Details for Bank Transfers:
A/C Name: Institute of Natural History Education and Research Branch: HDFC Bank, Mayur Colony, Pune Account Number: 50100177877227 IFSC Code: HDFC0000149 Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org Address: B1-602, Kumar Parisar, Kothrud, Pune, Maharashtra 411038
If paying by cash or cheque, deposit your payment at:
C-26/9, Ketan Heights, Rahul Nagar Lane, Near Karve Statue, Kothrud, Pune
Timing: Between 10:30am and 6pm on weekdays.
Cheques should be made out in favour of ‘Institute of Natural History Education and Research.
- The Once you make the payment please fill the registration form online at: Click here
- Registration confirmed upon successful payment.
- We have limited capacity. Kindly register early.
Mobile: 9850826431 (Srushti)