Wonders of Nature Series
- An opportunity to deepen your birding knowledge and take your hobby to a higher level.
- A course by eminent researchers and experts
- 20 talks covering all key concepts and ornithology topics
- A course open to all
- Course begins on 9th March 2023 and ends on 19th March 2023.
- Talks will be held every day in the evening between 6:30pm-8:30pm.
- Course will be conducted at Shikshak Bhavan, Near Patrakar Bhavan, Navi Peth, Pune 411030*.
- For outstation participants it will also be simultaneously held online on Zoom platform, links for which will be shared with all participants every day before the talk.
- Medium of instruction will be English.
- Dr. Anil Mahabal: Retired Additional Director Zoological Survey of India. With doctorate on population ecology of Common Myna, birds has been his lifelong subject of research. He has authored many scientific papers related to the population, roosting behaviour, status reports, reviews, checklists and colour aberrations particularly in Aves and other animals. He has also published ten books and numerous articles on natural history topics in Marathi.
- Dr. Anand Padhye: Head of Department (Zoology), at Abasaheb Garware College, Pune, he has been studying birds, amphibia for past 35 years. He has published multiple research papers including describing new species of amphibians and scorpions.
- Dr. Sushama Thatte: Retired Associate Professor from Modern College, Shivajinagar, Pune. She is visiting faculty at Institute of Bioinformatics and Biotechnology, University of Pune. A passionate teacher she has given many radio talks on various topics in popular science.
- Narendra Naidu: Heod of Department (Zoology), at Modern College, Pune, he has done focussed studies on wood boring beetle and grasshoppers with multiple research publications.
- Rajgopal Patil: An IT professional, Rajgopal has been observing wildlife for more than 30 years. He is keenly interested in bioacoustics and has published research papers on birds and amphibians.
- Dr. Mandar Datar: Scientist at the Agharkar Research Institute, Pune, he is an expert botanist and ecologist. He has many scientific publications, books and articles.
- Dr. Aseem Auti: Senior Teaching Associate, Center of Excellence in Science and Mathematics Education (CoESME), IISER Pune. PhD (Microbiology). He has been teaching Life Science courses at UG & PG level for the past 10+ years. He has academic interests in the field of Microbiology, Ecology & Evolution, and Conservation of Biodiversity, and has popular as well as scientific publications to his credits.
- History of Indian ornithology
- Bird identification and birding
- The flight of birds and their adaptation
- Roosting behaviour and communal displays
- Breeding strategies
- Nesting and parental care
- Food and feeding behaviour
- Bird migration
- Birds and their habitats
- Bird calls and songs
- Flightless birds
- Interaction with plants
- Ex-situ conservation
- In-situ conservation
Rs 2500 only. (Rs 2000 if paid by Sunday 5th March 2023). Students: Rs 2000 only. (Rs 1500 if paid by Sunday 5th March 2023).
Details for Bank Transfers:
A/C Name: Institute of Natural History Education and Research Branch: HDFC Bank, Mayur Colony, Pune Account Number: 50100177877227 IFSC Code: HDFC0000149 Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org Address: B1-602, Kumar Parisar, Kothrud, Pune, Maharashtra 411038
- Once you make the payment please fill the registration form online at: Click here
- Registration confirmed upon successful payment.
- Only limited numbers to ensure quality. Kindly register early.