Wonders of The Nature Series
SNDT College of Home Science
Institute of Natural History Education and Research
Amazing Arthropods - An Online Certificate Course in Arthropod Biology
They are all around us - in the gardens, forests, waters and even in our homes. Buzzing, hopping, flying - insects are fascinating creatures. If you are curious about them then you are in for lot of fun. Here is a course that introduces you to the world of of scorpions, spiders, moths, butterflies, ants and many more creatures. To create scientific awareness about the world of Arthropods, their role in nature and conservation among students and common people.
- Dates: 11th - 31st October 2021
- Talks will be held in the evening between 6:30pm-8:00pm on weekdays. Additional lectures will be conducted at 10-12am on Sundays (24th and 31st October).
- Course will be conducted online on Zoom platform, links for which will be shared every day before the talk.
- Medium of instruction will be English.
- Kindly note we are unable to provide the videos of the workshop and presentations. However, the course material will be sent at the end of the course.
- Dr. R. M. Sharma: Retired Deputy Director from Zoological Survey of India, Dr Sharma has researched various groups of arthropods, especially the gall midges on which he is an authority. He has also described various new species of arthropods and authored more than 275 research papers.
- Dr. Sushama Thatte: Retired associate professor of zoology and visiting faculty at Institute of Bioinformatics and Biotechnology, Dr Thatte hasworked on physiology of various cockroach species and on butterfly population and diversity.
- Dr. D. B. Bastawade: Retired scientist from Zoological Survey of India, Dr Bastawade is an authority on spiders and scorpions. He has discovered many new species and has published numerous research papers.
- Dr. Anand Padhye: Head of Department (Zoology), at Abasaheb Garware College, Pune, he has been studying amphibian taxonomy and natural history for past 35 years. He has published multiple research papers including describing new species of amphibians.
- Narendra Naidu: Heod of Department (Zoology), at Modern College, Pune, he has done focussed studies on wood boring beetle and grasshoppers with multiple research publications.
- Rajgopal Patil: An IT professional, Rajgopal has been observing wildlife for more than 30 years. He is keenly interested in bioacoustics and has published research papers on birds and amphibians.
- Dr. Mandar Datar: Scientist at the Agharkar Research Institute, Pune, he is an expert botanist and ecologist. He has many scientific publications, books and papers.
- Shauri Sulakhe: He is also a Naturalist and Field Researcher interested in wildlife photography and natural history. He is currently working on Indian scorpions and has multiple publications.
- Dr. Aparna Kalawate: A scientist at Zoological Survey of India, she is an expert on moths, beetles and other insect groups. She has discovered many new species unknonwn to the science.
- Dr. Tejaswini Pachpor: Visiting lecturer and researcher Tejaswini is an expert on ants and has published research on the subject.
- Dr. Priyanka Dutta-Saha: An Assistant Professor at Modern College, Pune and Senior Research fellow at Zoological Survey of India, Dr Dutta-Saha is an expert on Dragonflies and Damselflies and has published research papers on this group.
- Dr. Mihir Kulkarni:
- Dr. Sameer Pati: Assistant Zoologist at the Zoological Survey of India Dr Pati has researched variety of freshwater crabs and molluscs. He has discovered many new species and has published numerous research papers on this subject.
- Dr. Sameer Padhye: An expert on brachiopods Dr Padhye has published numerous research papers and has also discovered many new species.
- Dr. Asim Auti: A senior teeaching associate at IISER, Pune, Dr Auti has been teaching life sciences courses at UG and PG levels for more than 10 years.
- Dr. Shruti Paripatyadar: Studied aquatic bugs for her doctorate, she has published many research papers on this subject.
- Dr. Sayali Sheth: A scientist at NCBS Sayali is an expert on aquatic beetles. She has published many research papers on them.
- Classification and Evolution of Arthropoda
- Arthropod Morphology
- Life-Cycle and Adaptations
- Butterflies and Moths
- Social Insects
- Bugs and Beetles
- Dragonflies and damselflies
- Food and Feeding Habits
- Scorpions and Spiders
- Grasshoppers, Cockroaches and Mantids
- Ant diversity
- Tics, Mites and other Arachnids
- Shrimps, Prawns, Lobsters and other Crustaceans
- Arthropod-Plant interactions
- Arthropod Communication
- Arthropod Architecture etc.
Rs 2500 only
Details for Bank Transfers:
A/C Name: Institute of Natural History Education and Research Branch: HDFC Bank, Mayur Colony, Pune Account Number: 50100177877227 IFSC Code: HDFC0000149 Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org Address: B1-602, Kumar Parisar, Kothrud, Pune, Maharashtra 411038
- Once you make the payment please fill the registration form online at: Click here
- Registration confirmed upon successful payment.
- Only limited numbers to ensure quality. Kindly register early.
9823376551 Email: email@example.com